TIERRA ALTA KENNELS
(MASTIN DEL PIRINEO)
4083 W. AVE L #107
QUARTZ HILL, CA 93536
Ph: (661) 724 0268
Fax: (815) 301 - 2908
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR MASTIN DEL PIRINEO. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONNAIRE TO ASSIST US IN THE SELECTION OF THE IDEAL COMPANION. IF MAILING THIS FORM PLEASE USE ADDRESS ABOVE. THANK YOU.
CITY: STATE & ZIP:
1. How did you hear about our breed?
2. How did you hear about our kennels?
3. What got you interested in our breed?
4. What reference materials have you read about our breed?
5. Why do you want to own a Pyrenean Mastiff?
6. Have you previously owned a large breed? What type? How long?
7. Do you live in the city, country, house or apartment?
8. Do you have children? Ages?
9. Do you have other pets now?
10. Please list any other pets or animals that your Pyrenean Mastiff would be exposed to?
11. Should you decide this is the breed for you where and when will your Pyrenean Mastiff be housed?
12. Please tell us about your home and yard do you have adequate fencing for a large breed? How tall is the fencing?
13. If your yard is not fenced how do you plan to contain your dog?
14. If your dog is to be housed outside what type of shelter do you have?
15. Where will your dog spend most of its time? Days? Nights?
16. How does your family feel about the prospect of acquiring a Pyrenean Mastiff? Pros? Cons?
17. How do you and other family members feel about the possibility of owning a PM that may slobber at times and will shed and blow its coat twice a year?
18. Who will be responsible for the care of your Pyrenean Mastiff and who will care for the dog when your family is on vacation?
19. How much time will be spent with your Pyrenean Mastiff during the course of a day?
20. Are you willing to spend the necessary time to socialize your PM and learn more about our breed?
21. Are you willing to join our breed club?
22. What are your expectations of your Pyrenean Mastiff?
23. What activities do you plan to do with your Pyrenean Mastiff?
24. Do you prefer a male or a female and why?
25. What would your preferred color choice be for a future puppy?
26. What are some of the physical features you are especially looking for in a future puppy?
27. What dog traits do you not like?
28. How would you reprimand your dog's inappropriate behavior should it occur?
29. Do you plan to breed? Why?
30. Do you plan to show and are you familiar with our breed standard?
31. If you are considering a pet quality puppy and if so do you agree to spay/neuter?
32. Are you aware that a pet quality/companion puppy will be sold on limited registration and may not be bred?
33. Are you aware of the possible risks of neutering/spaying too early in the giant breeds? Sterilization is not recommended until after age 2 years.
Please initial: _________
34. Are you willing to provide appropriate veterinary care and keep your PM up to date on all vaccinations etc?
35. Please list your proposed feeding and care plans for your PM? Type of food?
36. Are you aware of the feeding requirements of a giant breed puppy?
37. What training techniques do you plan to use?
38. Are you planning on enrolling the puppy in obedience?
39. Are you aware of the costs involved in owning a large breed such as the Pyrenean Mastiff?
40. Have you picked a veterinarian and/or if you already have a veterinarian are you willing to give his/her name as a reference?
41. There is ALWAYS a risk when putting a puppy or giant breed under anesthesia. Do you understand that the breeder cannot be held responsible if anything should happen to your puppy?
42. Name of airport, city and state you would ship a puppy into?
43. If you move or your situation changes what will happen to your dog?
44. What time frame are you considering acquiring a puppy from the completion date of this application?
45. Are you willing to agree to return your Pyrenean Mastiff to our kennels should a situation arise where you would no longer be able to keep him/her?
46. Do you understand that if for any reason at some point you need to find a home for your puppy or dog that it has to be returned to De La Tierra Alta Kennel, at your expense.
Please initial: _________
It is important that a future owner, when considering a giant breed such as the Pyrenean Mastiff be made aware that a large Pyrenean puppy can accidently knock over a small child, possibly hurting them without meaning to. All future owners should agree that supervision with small children is required.
Please initial: __________
I fully understand all the questions that I have answered in this questionnaire.
(Thank you for filling out this questionnaire - it is in no way intended to be intrusive but to assist in finding the most suitable Pyrenean Mastiff for your family.
This is especially
important information as it provides our kennel with data about
the future home for one of our
dogs which are very special to us).